| s6k Media PRESENTS
REAL UNIVERSITY NEWS & MADAMA GRIFFITTS, LLP
Our ongoing partnership with the law firm Madama Griffitts, LLP helps us work on innovative democratic strategies, while remaining completely within the boudaries of the law. This is important because of the changing media landscape, which redefines who is considered a journalist and or what is considered protected by journalistic legal statutes.
s6k:Investigates is the investigative report arm of WIRETAP. Here we present audio/video interviews with the people behind the scenes as well as produced video segments with the intent to expose some of the many wrongs in our society.
click here for s6k:Investigates
It's been stated that the Internet hasn't produced much in the way of local news. They believe the Internet only follows the lead of the traditional media. They clearly need to check their facts. The Internet is filled with first-person accounts of things the traditional media couldn't have cared less about...yet the Internet attention forced the traditional media to act. Independent journalists [with the tools of computers and the Internet] have positioned themselves as the fact-checkers of the mainstream media, the U.S. Government and the world as a whole.
We believe you should clearly understand the dimensions of surveillance the United States Government has created...that we know of. To that end, we present some background information about the U.S. "Security" state.
Tools of the Security State
We suggest that everyone get into GovTrack.us "independently tracking the United States Congress." It's an easy and completely educational tool for knowing your politicians beyond what they tell you about themselves.
THE WAR FOR NEW MEDIA TECHNOLGY DOMINANCE WAGES ON:
ARE PEOPLE TELLING THEIR OWN STORIES MORE THAN OTHERS WILL?
Now that there are easy and affordable tools to create and self-distribute independent video, we believe this has/will change the media landscape forever. As more people understand the thrill of self-producing, they will never go back to being a mere spectator. And a side effect that might be most important, ordinary [meaning not a trained and skilled video artist] people capture things on video and show it to you, mostly unedited, in a way that conventional media never would.
Here we provide an archive of links to independent videos from Google Video chronicling the various ways the State goes too far. [FYI] You Tube forces you to sign in for videos of police violence. They categorize police violence video as "adult material." That's odd because it seems there are many young people who've been at the other end of a boot. Just a thought.
An archive of independent videos
exploring the various systems of U.S. government control
highlighted by s6k Media
- "Every Mother's Son" - Behind the Lens/PBS: Film makers discuss their findings of researching the foundations of police violence
- IndyMedia Feb 15th, 2003 Anti-war protest abuse press video
- Miami Police Brutality
- LAPD goes too far [again] @ a counter protest to a Minutemen march
- Historic video montage of Civil Rights protests
- The frightening video show the fetish side of the taser that I couldn't have imagined...but should've. This might explain why police often make light of its use, since tough-guy frats [of which many police subscribe, if only in spirit] see being able to "take it" is a rite of passage.
- Campaign Against the Taser. There are situations where police need to subdue people. But now it's been used on children as young as 6 years old. It's important to note, this is an instrument designed to torture the person into submission. It has no other purpose. It also effects a 250 pound man differently than a 6 year old child, but it has only ONE setting. No one should have the authority or the right to use this on any child. [see 1 - 2 - 3]
- Woman Tasered
- William Rodriguez 9/11 hero and longtime WTC janitor speaks out about what his experience was on that day. Most people have never heard of him. After you watch this, you may have an idea why
- NYPD Killed the World Cup Fun in Little Italy
- Police Brutality - Biscayne/Flagler
- Alternet: Police 'Tase' UCLA student apparently without cause
- Police Brutality at Community Event at NYC's LGBT Community Center pt.2
U- are invited to listen in...
we present an R- chive of installments from
s6k Media's WIRETAP series
POWERED BY REAL UNIVERSITY NEWS & MADAMA GRIFFITTS, LLP
CONCEPT CALLER_X / URNEKST
A/V EDITING SONIK AVENGER
THEME MUSIC [IN ORDER]
GIL SCOTT-HERON - the revolution will not be televised
PNEUMATIC DETACH - remix [Ukuphambana / VOIDSTAR PRODS.]
CODEC - remix [Ukuphambana / VOIDSTAR PRODS.]
WIRETAP is a project where we produce phone call interviews, recordings where one person is aware it's being recorded and produced investigative segments. We broadcast our productions Online to encourage others to be more pro-active and directed in whom they present their issues to and from whom they obtain their information.